Awfully Chocolate - Chik's Crib

17 January 2016

Awfully Chocolate

Walking along East Coast Road after lunch at Boon Tong Kee, we chanced upon Awfully Chocolate, which makes one of the most impressive chocolate ice cream I ever had. They come in the most adorable boxes that are shaped like Chinese takeout boxes, and it's joyous to walk around while scraping every last bit of ice cream out of the box. 

So what else would I order, if not their chocolate ice cream? We individually ordered the Single Scoop, which came in beautiful, rustic serving cups. 



We didn't look at the menu before ordering, so it was kind of a shock to see the bill. We paid about $6 for one scoop of ice cream. In hindsight, it'll probably be cheaper if we a) ordered a double scoop instead of two single-scoop, b) have the ice cream to go, so we wouldn't pay the 17% service charge and GST. 

Was the ice cream worth it? I did get palpitations when my friend told me we could each get a pint of Häagen-Dazs for $3 more. It was lovely to sit in the cafe for a bit, and we did get a cup of water along with our orders, which I definitely needed to counteract the richness of the ice cream... Hmm. 


The Verdict:Awfully Chocolate serves some of the richest chocolate ice-cream I had. Thank goodness for the water. I don't think I could make it through a scoop without having a sip of water now and then. Shame it's so expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment