Ghim Moh Food Centre - Chik's Crib

05 March 2016

Ghim Moh Food Centre

Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice
A famous store in the area renowned for chicken rice. Not once have I bought anything from this store without having to queue. 
I love boneless chicken rice. Scoop rice and chicken with a spoon. Open mouth. Insert spoon. Close mouth. Remove spoon. Om nom nom. Repeat until full. The rice is nothing spectacular, but the chicken is smooth and the sauce is fragrant. Half a chicken and two plates of rice goes for $10, and makes for an enjoyable lunch. 


Teck Hin Fried Hor Fun


An extremely popular store at Ghim Moh. Hungrygowhere reports it as being permanently closed, but I was there in December 2015, and business is bustling - as usual. Be prepared to stand in line for half an hour or more. Miss XS's favourite stall here, and makes some of the best hor fun that I've had. The long wait is not for nothing; the owner cooks in batches, so the hor fun you get is as freshly made as they come. There's a selection of meat: prawn, beef or/and sliced fish. The sliced fish hor fun option isn't as fragrant as the beef option, but that could be me just being biased towards beef...

Golden Swallow Dessert

It's closed half the time I go. When Ghim Moh moved to its current temporary location, it didn't move with the rest of the stalls. They serve the most amazing chendol. I tire very quickly of the richness of chendol, but I'm impressed with this store's quality. They serve the most thinly shaved ice of all the chendols I've had. So elusive, I didn't even manage to take a picture of the stall-front before they disappeared. 

Ghim Moh Food Centre

20 Ghim Moh Rd 
(Temporary market is across the road while its original location is under construction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment