Albion Hotel - Chik's Crib

07 November 2015

Albion Hotel

It was a happy coincidence that we ended up having lunch at Albion Hotel. I was on the way to Dandenong Market with S to buy a 10-kilo box of mandarin oranges and split it between the two of us.
This is why we make such perfect groceries shopping partners. We enable each other
We initially planned for a meal at Polish Rye Bakery, which I had heard really good reviews about. But, as we stopped by at Coles to pick up a few essentials, we learnt that Polish Rye Bakery was closed on Sundays. S spotted a one-for-one meal deal for Albion Hotel on the back of his Coles voucher and since it was rather close by, so well... off we went. 

We found the last parking slot in a side-street near the hotel, but hit a snag as I tried to feed the parking meter: it just wouldn't accept my coins. Or my banging my palms on it.
We ended up driving to another parking lot, where the same thing happened again. We were staring at the meter dumbfounded, until a passer-by came over to us to inform us kindly that parking is free on Sundays in this area. As kindly as a person can be when they see two guys swearing at an inanimate box. Well maybe just me. S was perfectly composed. 

Okay, that was a little embarrassing. But moving on.


Albion Hotel isn't exactly what I expected. I envisioned a grand, bustling lobby leading into a posh restaurant, but we got a retro hallway with brick walls instead. Say what you want, I think this is better. This place has character.


The restaurant was a homely pub staffed by a pleasant lady, and we soon seated comfortably beside the fireplace and picking at the bread basket. 



I had the Garlic Prawns ($24.50), served on rice with a rich garlic cream sauce. Rich is the operative word, and I loved it. I also had a major chips craving, and the fries alongside the dish was deeply welcomed. 

S had the Scotch Fillet ($26), which came with garlic butter, a side of chips and salad. I had a bite of the fillet, and I would order it again in a heartbeat. 
Which actually might be pretty soon, considering the quality of the food, and the promotions they are running at the moment, which makes coming back an attractive option. 
Steak night Mondays!


Click to add a blog post for Albion Hotel on Zomato

  Menu for Albion Hotel can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment