Chokolait - Chik's Crib

05 August 2016

Chokolait

Is Chokolait in the area where White Tomato is? Hm. No? We're still going anyway. I don't go to the city often, and since I'm already there, I might as well tick all the boxes. 

With N constantly telling me that their Pavlova ($12.95) is the best that she's had, I entered with a great deal of expectation. It looks amazing, and tasted pretty good as well. I appreciated how the sweetness in the meringue here is more moderated, unlike Hopetoun Tea Room's

The Mud Cake ($12.95) on the other hand, wasn't particularly good. We got tired of the taste pretty fast, which was a shame because I had a massive chocolate craving. Skip this one.



The star of this place is the Iced Chokolait ($8.50). My general rule of thumb is to order whichever dish that carries the restaurant's name, and I hadn't been disappointed yet. There is a range of chocolate for you to choose from, such as White, Milk, Dark, even Strawberry, Mocha or Jaffa (orange). Because it was iced, I went with dark chocolate to bolster the chocolate profile. The dark chocolate had an intense chocolate flavour which soothed my chocolate cravings more than the mud cake ever would. Delicious. The Milk Iced Chokolait was a good choice as well, albeit a little lighter and creamier and wouldn't induce chocolate overdose. 
SEE how they decorate the rim with melted chocolate? I scrapped every last bit off. Yum.
M for Milk, squiggle for dark

    
Chokolait Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment